Search

1979 Buick Regal

967 Total Thread Views

JGaulard

Administrator
Pro Member
Reaction Score
I traded my very first car for this car. I had a 1980 Volkswagen Rabbit diesel and the guy I traded with wanted a car with good gas mileage. Since I wasn't driving anywhere far and since I wanted something faster than a Rabbit, I made the swap. It was a good trade.

I had Maaco in Danbury, CT paint this car for something like $300. I forget exactly how much it was. This was back in 1990. It was cheap though. Although, I got what I paid for because the sanding job was terrible and the paint was very thin. I could see the coarse sanding marks under the paint. They used an orbital sander and it was obvious. I also dropped my keys in the trunk once and some paint chipped off like it was fingernail polish.

I didn't do that much to this car. I tinted the windows, put on a new passenger side door and a few other things, but I otherwise kept it stock. Because it was a Buick, I had no idea what to do with the engine. It was a big heavy 301, I think. If that's what Buicks came with. I saw a number on the side of the block one day while I was changing the oil.

I eventually traded this car to a friend for a motorcycle and $900, which I thought was fair.

Attachments

• 1979-buick-regal.jpg
    1979-buick-regal.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 5
  • buick-regal.jpg
    buick-regal.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 5