Search

1982 Chevy Camaro Z28

978 Total Thread Views

JGaulard

Administrator
Pro Member
Reaction Score
I traded my 1979 Camaro for this Z28. The reason I wanted this car so bad was because it handled like it was on rails. I had made my other Camaro all nice and everything, but it just didn't hug the road like this one did. Also, when I drove this car, it felt like I was sitting in the space shuttle or like I was in KITT from Knight Rider. It was all futuristic.

I intended on restoring this car, but never got around to it. All I did manage to do was rebuild a Chevy 350 engine and put it in. This engine was extremely fast. I mean FAST. I think the camshaft was something like a 184/192 or something like that and when I passed 3500 RPM, the car took off. I used to run this thing up and down my road with open headers. I'm sure the neighbors loved me.

I had one road race in this car and lost. The guy I went up against had a car that was seriously fast. I remember that race. His car just kept pulling ahead of me and there was nothing I could do about it.

Check out this picture. Some louvers are installed. Remember those louvers? Do they still sell them?

PS - Yes, the windshield wipers were stuck up. The wiper motor was bad. Either that, or the ground connection became unconnected.

Attachments

• 1982-chevy-camaro-z28.jpg
    1982-chevy-camaro-z28.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 4