• Thread starter JGaulard
  • Start date

1K Total Thread Views

JGaulard

JGaulard

Administrator
Pro Member
Reaction Score
I was living in Florida and had to pull a trailer north all the way to Maine. Since my current vehicle was a 2008 BMW x5 with a V6 engine and a comparable transmission, I didn't think it would be wise to pull the trailer for such a long distance with it. I had a feeling I'd end up with half a transmission a few states up. And being a BMW, I had no idea how much that would cost to fix. We'd also be stuck on the side of 95 for a while, which is what I didn't want in any way, shape or form.

I decided to trade the BMW in for this Ford Super Duty. I knew I had to get a diesel, so when I had this truck shipped from one CarMax location in Georgia to a close location in Jacksonville, Florida. I really liked the truck when I saw it and since it only had about 35,000 miles on it, I bought it. I think I had to throw in an extra $13,000 or something like that. And because the truck was such a beast, I increased the enclosed trailer size I purchase from a 7x12 to a 7x14.

We filled that trailer to the gills and the truck pulled it with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Right now, the truck is sitting in my driveway. I take it out every once in a while, but it's still only got fewer than 44,000 miles on it. And the trailer hasn't moved. No rust on either of them because I applied Fluid Film a while back. I keep an eye on that sort of thing with vehicles I don't use all too often. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• ford-f250-brige.jpg
    ford-f250-brige.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ford-super-duty-woods.jpg
    ford-super-duty-woods.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 7